Sunday, October 6, 2013

Speech Recap


For my speech on Thursday over my ethnographic choice, I thought I did a fairly average job.  There were some things that I felt like I did somewhat well but also there were things that I will need to improve on in the future.  For the most part I felt like I was comfortable up in front of the class.  I didn’t feel as nervous as I thought that I was going to.  I also felt like I knew my topic pretty well which gave me a great deal of confidence when it came time to give the speech.  I think that I did a good job getting my point across to the audience and making a good amount of eye contact with each of my classmates.  However there definitely were some things that I saw that I didn’t do as well as I should have.  I felt like I had good posture standing up strait but I was kind of stiff.  I didn’t really move around very much and I felt that while giving my speech and could really tell once I watched it.  While I believe I spoke loud enough for the audience to hear me clearly, I did a very poor job of putting any emotion or passion into what I was presenting.  Another thing that I realized after the speech was that I left out what I was going to do for my future plans.  Seeing myself do my speech will definitely help me out for speeches in the future.    

No comments:

Post a Comment