Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Blog 8


13 Dos And Don’ts For Attending A Kentucky Horse Race

http://www.buzzfeed.com/hillaryreinsberg/13-dos-and-donts-for-attending-a-kentucky-horse-r

The buzz feed that I will be analyzing is actually on my ethnographic location, Keeneland.  While this is the same place, it is not the same way that I will do my meme presentation.  This particular buzz feed is on what you either should or should not do while at Keeneland.  The author for the buzz feed was pretty accurate but I am not sure how original it really was.  The main topic was on what you should or should not wear while at Keeneland.  For example, the author states that you should not wear a Harley Davidson shirt at Keeneland.  They also show a picture to give an example of what they are talking about.  Since I have gone to Keeneland several times I can definitely relate to this specific meme.  There is not necessarily a dress code at Keeneland, but there is kind of an unwritten rule that you are supposed to try and look nice while you’re there.  The meets only happen two times a year so you might as well dress the part.  The author then discusses things that would be good to wear or to bring.  They say that a do for going to Keeneland would be wearing a seersucker suit or to wear a bow tie. With these statements there are two memes showing both.  I can definitely know the truth in this because if you make it out to Keeneland you are very likely to see plenty of both.  The last meme that stuck out to me was a ticket that had a bet on it.  The statement says, “Don’t place a bet without having an idea of what you’re doing.”  This meme is extremely accurate.  There have been several times where I have been at Keeneland and seen people throw money on a horse that they know nothing about.  This is a horrible strategy if you are trying to leave with more money than you came in with.  But then again, if you win off a blind guess, it feels pretty good.    

No comments:

Post a Comment